That dream came true for Åsa Ekström from Sweden who is pretty well-known in my country among those who have an interest for manga. For instance, back in 2010, the Swedish company IKEA launched fabrics with manga artwork by Åsa Ekström. But today, she works in Japan – of course. ^_-
In this video, the vlogger Sharla interviews Åsa about this journey as a manga artist with questions like:
* How can you get started as a manga artist in Japan?
* What do you think about manga schools in Japan?
* How can you get you art seen by publishing companies?
* Are the deadlines as stressful as shown in anime?
* Is there a lot of competition?
See Åsa Ekström’s blog: sayonara september (Swedish)