This is a translation of an interview that animePRO made with Hiroaki Nakashima, singer of I -アイ-!
Original: E-Mail Interview mit I-ai-
1) Hello, as this is the first interview with animePRO, could you please introduce yourself to our readers?
Hello, I’m vocal Hiroaki.
2) How did you choose your bandname and what is the meaning behind it?
It’s the roman number for the number 1.
1 as in the meaning of the world as one heart.
In Japanese the pronunciation means LOVE.
The word has a lot of other meanings all around the world.
3) You started as a trio back in 2011, do you sometimes think about adding another bandmember again?
No, we are strongest as two people. Except support members, I don’t think about it.
4) You just finished your European Tour, what kind of experience did you take home with you?
European fans was very cute and enthusiastic!
I’m thinking that I want to tour more and more!
5) Is there any ritual you perform before or after lives?
Yuki and I usually bump fists once before the live start. ^^
6) Was there any special trigger that caused your decision to become a musician?
There are many reasons.
One final thing was that a member I teamed together with went to heaven.
7) Which was the most precious experience you had in the history of I-ai until now?
November 11th 2011, because it was (“I” THE FINAL RESTART”), we restarted.
8) Can you please tell us something about your new album “I-ai”?
This album is very multi-faceted because we mix many genres. It’s an album with the sense of looking down on the Earth from a distance.
9) If you had to pick one of your songs that represents you the best, which would it be and why?
10) Which are the sources of inspiration for your music and PVs?
Own experiences. True stories.
Everything is in the picture of my mind.
11) Can you tell us something about your further plans for 2014?
I think a photo book with a documentary dvd is coming soon.
A new release and also live show’s in Japan and maybe oversea.
I want to see a new dream.
I -ai- (I -アイ-)
Pronunciation: Like the English “I” or “eye”.
|Vocal & piano:
Hiroaki Nakashima (中島弘章)
Dec 29th 1978
|Guitar & violin:
Yuki Aneyoshi (姉吉祐樹)
May 22nd 1981