It’s not uncommon that Japanese band sneaks in English words or sentences in their songs, even though the lyrics mainly is in Japanese.
It’s hard for a Japanese to pronounce English correctly, and it’s hard for an American to pronounce Japanese correctly. The sounds in their languages are s imply so different. When it comes to pronunciation, I think that Swedish and Japanese are pretty close to each other though, at least we pronounce the vowels in the same way.
Anyway, there’s a lot of English sentences and words in X-Japan’s music and sometimes it’s really hard to hear what Toshi is singing. I love X-Japan, but also have a good sense of humor, so I dedicate this post to X-Japan, and “their misheard lyrics”. ^^
Changed name: from X to X JAPAN 1992 to distinguish from an American punk group with the same name.
|Guitar: hide (Hideto Matsumoto) (松本秀人)
Dec 13th 1964
May 2nd 1998
|Bass: TAIJI (Sawada Taiji) (沢田 泰司)
July 12th 1966
July 17th 2011
- Vo. Toshi → DYNAMITE → NOISE → X → X JAPAN, TOSHI(solo) → TOSHI(solo), X JAPAN, TOSHI with T-HEART → ToshI, X JAPAN
- Gt. Pata → Black Rose → JUDY → X → X JAPAN, PATA(solo) → P.A.F. → Dope HEADz → Ra:IN → Ra:IN, X JAPAN
- Gt. Sugizo → PINOCCHIO → KASHIMIR → LUNA SEA → SUGIZO(solo) → LUNA SEA → SUGIZO[solo], SUGIZO & THE SPANK YOUR JUICE, SHAG → The FLARE, SUGIZO[solo], SHAG → SUGIZO[solo], SHAG, S.T.K. → SUGIZO[solo], SHAG, S.T.K., S.K.I.N., Juno Reactor, X JAPAN → SUGIZO[solo], SHAG, S.T.K., S.K.I.N., Juno Reactor, X JAPAN, LUNA SEA
- Ba. Heath → PARANOIA → Chaos Mode → Beet Sweet → Sweet Death → Majestic Isabelle → Media Youth → PARANOIA → X JAPAN → X JAPAN, HEATH(solo) → HEATH(solo) → HEATH(solo), Dope HEADz → HEATH(solo), RATS → HEATH(solo), Lynx → X JAPAN, HEATH(solo) → X JAPAN, TOSHI with T-EARTH→ X JAPAN, HEATH(solo)
- Dr&Pi. YOSHIKI → DYNAMITE → NOISE → X → X, V2 → X JAPAN, YOSHIKI(solo) → YOSHIKI(solo) → VIOLET UK, globe, YOSHIKI(solo) → VIOLET UK, YOSHIKI(solo), S.K.I.N. → VIOLET UK, X JAPAN, S.K.I.N.
- Gt. hide → (SABER TIGER→SAVER TIGER) → X → X JAPAN, hide(solo) → hide with Spread Beaver, zilch → [deceased May 2nd 1998]
- Ba. TAIJI → TRASH → DEMENTIA → PLOWER → X → FATIMA, DEAD WIRE → X → LOUDNESS → D.T.R., Kings → D.T.R. → Cloud Nine → Otokaze → Taiji with Heaven’s, The Killing Red Addiction, D.T.R., Cloud Nine, TSP → [deceased July 17th 2011]