I had a long way to go and it was snowing heavily. I brought up my iPhone and ear-pieces. Started YouTube.
First song in my list of tracks that I hadn’t listened to yet was “喝采と激情のグロリア” (Kassai to gekijou no Gloria) by Matenrou Opera. Time to explore.
I liked the beginning. Fast guitars. Oh, and a choir? I liked that sound. Punching drums. Oh yeah.
“This one has potential”, I thought.
But when Sono started to sing the first verse I got disappointed and though: “This will sound like everything else. Lame. Boring. Predictable.”
I wasn’t impressed but kept listening.
Then was the first chorus-part and for a nano second I got confused and thought that I was listening to Versailles’ “The Revenant Choir”.
Fortunately, a very short part sounded very much the same – but I found it quite significant. Hm…
The rest was pretty good though. A powerful feeling with fast drums, beautiful tunes and choir. Sono’s voice was strong and clean. I got the “Versailles”-feeling, in a good way.
The next verse I was more accepting. It wasn’t that boring after all. Actually it was a bit intriguing.
I kept walking.
After a while, the song ended and I decided to listen to it again. My impression of it was better this time.
“This is really nice”, I though. “I like it. I like it a lot.”
Before I had arrived to my destination, I had listened to “Kassai to Gekjou no Gloria” four times in a row and my final judgement is “WOW!”
I WANT this album! ^^
Give it a chance you too!
- Vo. Sono → GRIDE → Jeniva, King Back → Matenrou Opera
- Gt. Anzi → roudy → Wild Carol → Sylphid → Masterpiece → Matenrou Opera
- Ba. You → Endless Vanity(曜) → S.D.I(YO) → Sirius(support/Yo) → GRAVE SEED → Matenrou Opera(You)
- Key. Ayame → outburn! → Ry:dia(Soh) → Matenrou Opera(Ayame)
- Dr. Yuu → GRIDE → Marge Litch, Jeniva → Materpiece, GRAVE SEED, Jeniva → GRAVE SEED → Matenrou Opera
- Gt. Mika → ANCIENT MYTH(MIKA) → Matenrou Opera → ?
- Key. Karen → Masterpiece → Matenrou Opera → QUALIA → ?
Categories: Matenrou Opera