One of the veteran-bands within the visual kei genre is Glay and they are one of my very favorites among the “oldies”.
They have been active since 1988! Wow… I was 8 years old by then…
So it really gladdens me that they still are going strong and recently released two new albums: Justice and Guilty.
That’s there 11th and 12th album… They surely been productive during the years.
The last song in the track-list of Justice is called “SMILE” and that’s what I definitely will do when I receive my CDs.
Name: The name of the band is a deliberate misspelling of the word “gray” which described their music style.
Highschool band: Glay was formed as a highschool band when Takuro asked Teru to play the drums.
Genre: Originally a visual kei band.
June 8th 1971
Feb 2nd 1972
May 26th 1971
Oct 17th 1972
- Vo. Teru → GLAY → GLAY, Rally
- Gt. Hisashi → Ari → GLAY → GLAY, Rally, Ace of Spades
- Gt. Takuro → GLAY
- Ba. Jiro → Pierrot → GLAY → GLAY, The Predators
- Dr. Toshimitsu → GLAY
- Key. Seiichiro Nagai → GLAY
- Key. Daijiro “D.I.E.” Nozawa → GLAY → ?
- Key. Shigeo “Shige/sk55” Komori → GLAY → ?
- Key. Yuta Saitou → GLAY → ?
- Gt, key & prod. Masahide Sakuma → GLAY → [deceased]